The Crestron® HD-MD4X1-4K-E is a simple to use, ultra high-definition signal switcher with four HDMI® inputs and one HDMI output. It handles Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for HDCP, 3D, Deep Color, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. Auto-switching mode allows for completely automatic operation, while manual operation is enabled using the onboard controls, a Web browser, or a Crestron control system. Simplified setup is facilitated through the front panel OLED display or a Web browser.
4K Ultra HD
4K video support provided by the HD‑MD4X1‑4K‑E is essential for use with the latest generation of UHD and 4K DCI displays and sources, as well as computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
QuickSwitch HD® Technology
Digital media signals are typically encrypted to protect against unauthorized viewing. After authenticating displays or signal processors, a source device must issue a key before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD technology manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to display blackouts caused by key authentication.
NOTE: QuickSwitch HD technology requires the use of a scaling HDMI output which is available on DigitalMedia devices such as the DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C and DMC‑4KZ‑HDO.
EDID Format Management
To ensure that every source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format, the HD‑MD4X1‑4K‑E provides comprehensive management of EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information. For applications requiring custom configuration, the HD‑MD4X1‑4K‑E allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities with the ability to configure signals appropriately.
CEC Embedded Device Control
When controlling a connected display device, the HD‑MD4X1‑4K‑E harnesses the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI to eliminate the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.1
The HD-MD4X1-4K-E mounts conveniently to a wall or other flat surface. At just over one inch deep, it can fit easily behind a flat panel display or under a table. It can also be placed on a rack shelf, or attached to a single rack rail.
- 4×1 ultra high-definition 4K/60 digital AV switcher
- For standalone use, or as part of a fully integrated Crestron® system
- Fully operable using onboard controls, a Web browser, or a Crestron control system
- Simplified setup through the front panel OLED display or Web browser
- Four HDMI® inputs and one HDMI output
- DVI and DisplayPort Multimode compatible 
- Auto-switching mode for hands-off operation
- QuickSwitch HD® technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Comprehensive built-in EDID configuration tools
- Enables display device control via CEC 
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- High-speed Ethernet LAN connection
- Compact, low-profile surface mount design
- Universal 100-240V external power pack included