The Crestron One™ mobile app for Apple® iPhone® and iPad® devices allows for Crestron® smart room control from your mobile device. The Crestron One app creates a peer‑to‑peer network over Bluetooth® communications between your mobile device and a TSW-60 series touch screen in the room, allowing mobile‑optimized room controls to be pushed to your device from the touch screen.1 No special in-app or network configuration is required—simply download and install the app to start using it.
NOTE: Mobile room control functionality is enabled via a SW‑MOBILITY license running on a 3-Series or 4-Series control system.2
The Crestron One app was designed to be easy-to-use and intuitive by requiring only three steps:
- Connect: The app discovers nearby rooms automatically and connects to them securely via Bluetooth.
- Authenticate: The touch screen in the room displays a challenge code (QR Code and four-digit passcode) that must be scanned or entered into the app to prove that you are in the room.
- Control: Access to room controls is provided via a mobile‑optimized user interface.
The Crestron One app uses Bluetooth technology to discover and connect to rooms that have been set up for mobile device control, eliminating the need to connect to the corporate network. All available rooms within range will be displayed in the app, allowing you to quickly loctate the touch screen associated with a smart room. After selecting a touch screen, the app creates a private and secure peer‑to‑peer connection between your device and the touch screen that is terminated after you disconnect.
NOTE: Only one user can be connected to a room at a time per TSW‑60 series Bluetooth capabilities.
The Crestron One app requires your mobile device to authenticate against the touch screen via a QR code or four‑digit passcode, ensuring that the room can be controlled only by users within it. After selecting a touch screen in the app, simply scan the QR code displayed on the touch screen when prompted. If your device camera is not enabled or the QR code cannot be scanned, the touch screen also displays a four‑digit passcode that can be entered into the app instead. The codes are dynamic and change after every connection to the touch screen.
After authenticating against the touch screen, the Crestron One app pushes room controls from the touch screen to your device automatically. Supported touch screen functions that have been configured for mobile control can be controlled using the app. Whenever a button is pressed on the app, the corresponding action occurs on the touch screen and vice versa. In-app controls are also optimized for mobile usage and presented in a sleek user interface, making it easy to view and manipulate graphical elements such as buttons, toggles, and sliders from your device.
- Provides an intuitive mobile control solution for a smart room using an Apple® iPhone® or iPad® device
- Discovers and connects to rooms over Bluetooth® communications – no special network configuration is required
- Authenticates against a touch screen in the room via a QR code or four‑digit passcode to ensure the user is present
- Provides access to mobile-optimized room controls.