Aspire® In-Wall Dual 8” Subwoofer, White Textured, Single
The Aspire® IWS82 is a passive in-wall subwoofer designed to produce deep, gratifying bass in any room without taking up valuable floor space. For demanding multiroom audio and home theater applications, the full low end delivered by the Aspire IWS82 adds impact to any in-wall or in-ceiling speaker system. High-end composition and paintable zero-bezel grilles provide a perfect complement to other Crestron® Aspire and Essence® speakers, offering easy installation and a discreet appearance anywhere extended low-frequency response is desired.
To achieve maximum performance in a minimal space, Crestron has employed dual high-performance 8 inch woofers featuring eight-layer voice coils and woven poly-glass composite cones. The use of two 8 inch woofers affords tighter sounding bass than one comparable 12 inch woofer, with the added benefit of fitting in a standard 2×4 framed wall with 5/8 inch gypsum board. Total power handling for the Aspire IWS82 is 200 Watts (program) at 8 Ohms, with a tailored frequency response of 40 Hz to 120 Hz (±3 dB) and a usable range from 25 Hz to 150 Hz.
The Aspire IWS82 is a passive subwoofer designed to accommodate a variety of system configurations:
- 2.1 Stereo, Biamplified, Passive Low-Pass Filter – A Crestron C2N-AMP-6X100 Audio System offers an affordable multiroom audio solution that can be configured to support one or more rooms equipped with Aspire IWS82 subwoofers. Each subwoofer can be driven by a dedicated 150 Watt bridged mono amp channel. The subwoofer’s built-in 120 Hz low-pass filter provides the essential crossover required to remove higher frequencies.
- 2.1 Stereo, High-Power Biamplified, Active Crossover & DSP – A Crestron Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System offers the ultimate solution for handling multiple rooms with subwoofers. It can provide a dedicated subwoofer amp channel for each room, with up to 400 Watts available in bridged mono mode. Any room can be configured with a single mono subwoofer or a pair of stereo subwoofers. A choice of 2nd or 4th order active crossover filters, plus up to four bands of parametric EQ, provide meticulous control for tailoring each subwoofer to the room it’s in.
- Surround Sound, Biamplified, Active Crossover & DSP – The Crestron HD-XSPA 7.1 Surround Sound AV Receiver includes built-in amplification to drive a single Aspire IWS82 subwoofer, and comprehensive signal processing to optimize the subwoofer’s performance within the room.
- Audiophile performance in-wall subwoofer
- Dual 8″ woven poly-glass composite drivers
- Steel composition baskets
- Eight-layer voice coils
- “Zero-bezel” frameless steel grille, paintable
- Spring-loaded toggle clamp mounting system
- 200 Watt program power handling
- 25 to 150 Hz frequency range
- 8 Ohms nominal impedance
- Built-in 120 Hz, 2nd order low-pass filter
- Fits in a 2×4 framed wall with 5/8” gypsum board